Updated May 11, 2020
Important Updates In Response to Coronavirus
For the safety of our visitors and community during this unprecedented time, several scheduled Wakulla County events are canceled. This includes:
- Worm Gruntin’ Festival originally scheduled for April 11th
- Low Country Boil originally scheduled for April 4th.
- Hops and Half Shells 5K Trail Run originally scheduled for April 22
- 5K Run for the Friends of Wakulla Springs originally scheduled for May 9th
Stephen C. Smith Memorial Regatta originally scheduled for April 24
Following guidelines outlined by the CDC and recommendations made by local officials are the best ways to weather this pandemic. Our county values safety above all else and has made these decisions with a heavy heart.
Updated Park Hours
- Ochlockonee River State Park: Closed
- San Marcos de Apalache State Park: Closed
- Wakulla Springs: Closed
- Saint Marks National Wildlife Refuge: Lighthouse and gift shop are closed. Until further notice, there is no entry fee to the Refuge. The Refugee will continue to sell yearly passes. Binocular lending program suspended.
- The Visitor’s Center: Will remain closed until further notice.
- Shell Point Beach: Reopened as of April 20
- Mashes Sands Beach: Reopened as of April 20
Please be advised the Mashes Sands Beach Parking area will be temporarily closed for repairs from May 28, 2020 – June 21, 2020, weather permitting.
The following boat ramps are currently still open:
- Wakulla River Upper Bridge Boat Ramp: 2449 Shadeville RD
- N T Smith Boat Ramp: N T Smith Rd., Ochlocknee Bay, FL
- Bottoms Road Boat Ramp: Bottoms Rd., Panacea, FL
- Fish camp boat ramp in St. Marks
- Lake Ellen Boat Ramp (25 horsepower or less, no jet skis): Lake Ellen Drive, Medart
- Levy Bay Boat Ramp: Levy Bay Rd., Panacea, FL
- Mash Island Park Boat Ramp: Mashes Sands Rd., Ochlockonee Bay
- Newport Park Boat Ramp: Hwy. 98 at St. Marks River, Newport
- Rock Landing Boat Ramp: Rock Landing St., Panacea
- Shell Point Boat Ramp (Kayak & Hobie-Cat Only): Shell Pt. Beach
- Shell Point Boat Ramp: 1549 Shell Point RD. Shell Pt. Beach
- Wakulla River Lower Bridge Boat Ramp: Hwy. 98 at Wakulla River Bridge, St. Marks
- Wakulla Beach
For further information, please contact the Parks Department at (850) 745-7780
- Angelo’s and Sons Seafood: Open for take-out only and will have a modified menu available under the COVID-19 Operations.
- Bay Leaf: Hours of operation may change as COVID-19 progresses. Offering curbside.
- Bars: will remain closed until for approximately 30 days.
- Beach Trader: Business as usual
- Best Western: New operating hours Starting April 1, 2020, 7 am-5 pm. Until further notice, the hotel will only be taking reservations for long-term stays.
- Bo Lynn’s St. Marks: Business as usual. Closing on Sundays. They have toilet paper.
- Breakfast Station: Offering curbside.
- Burger King: Dining area is closed. No free refills on drinks. Drive-thru is open. Offering curbside.
- Centennial Bank: Drive-thru only. The lobby will remain closed indefinitely.
- Donkey’s: Offering curbside.
- El Jalisco: Closing an hour early (9 pm).
- Family Coastal: To-go orders only.
- Hamaknockers BBQ: To-go orders only.
- Hardee’s: Drive-thru only.
- Gulf Specimen Marine Lab: Open as of May 11 with restrictions in place; reservations requested.
- Karen’s Kitchen: Will deliver. Delivery fee is $25.00. Offering Curbside.
- KP’s: Open. Visit their Facebook page for lunch specials and locations.
- Lindy’s Fried Chicken: Offering Curbside. Dining room is closed.
- Mack’s Meat’s: Fresh meat is being delivered every day and typically will be processed for purchase in the late afternoon. Offering curbside.
- McDonald’s: Dining room is closed. Drive-thru open. Offering curbside.
- Ming Tree Garden: Takeout only.
- Myra Jeans Restaurant: Business as usual.
- Ouzts’ Too: Offering curbside.
- Papa Johns: Delivery, takeout, and curbside available.
- Pizza Hut: Drive-thru, delivery, pickup, and curbside options. Dining room will remain open.
- Porter Island Seafood: Closed until further notice.
- Posey’s: Offering full menu and daily lunch specials. Curbside and pickup only. 11 am-8 pm Tuesday-Sunday. Call ahead at 850-984-5243.
- Riverside Café’: No large groups allowed. Serving at half compacity. Offering curbside
- Rumors: Closed until further notice.
- Seinyard at Rock Landing: Open Thursday-Sunday. Lunch and Dinner. To go orders only.
- Seinyard at Wildwood: Open Thursday-Sunday. Lunch and Dinner. To go orders only.
- Seinyard at Woodville: Open Tuesday-Sunday. Lunch and Dinner. To go orders only. Blue plate and seafood lunch specials served from 11 am-3 pm. Go to the website for daily specials.
- Senior shopping hours-Dollar General: 7 am-8 am, daily.
- Senior shopping hours-Walmart: 6 am-7 am, Tuesday’s.
- Senior shopping hours-Winn Dixie: 8 am-9 am, Monday-Friday.
- The Shack (St Marks): Closed until further notice.
- Sonic: Patio dining is closed. No public restrooms.
- Shell Island Fish Camp: Business as Usual
- Straight From Sea (food truck): Limited outdoor seating. No restroom(s). Will stay open late need be.
- Subway (Courthouse): No free refiles.
- Subway (Walmart): 7 am-8:30 pm. No free refills.
- Sweet Magnolia Inn: B&B has 7 rooms, only renting out 4 max per night. No cooked to order breakfast. Grab and go only.
- St. Marks Yacht Club: Closed.
- Taco Bell: Drive-thru only. The lobby will remain closed indefinitely.
- Tasty J’s: Delivery. Please call 850-661-8512 or 850-926-8512, Curbside.
- The Shack: New hours Mon-Fri, 11 am-2 pm. Sat-Sun 9 am-3 pm. Now offering carryout and curbside.
- Walmart: New hours. 7 am-8:30 pm
- Wilderness Way: Current location is closed moving to TNT Hideaway location on April 1, 2020.
- Winn Dixie: New hours. 7 am-9 pm
- Winn Dixie Pharmacy: Monday-Friday, 8 am-6 pm. Saturday 8 am-7 pm. Sunday 11 am-6 pm
- Zaxby’s: Drive-thru only
Other County Updates
- Duke Energy: Duke will waive late payment fees and fees for returned payments, beginning Saturday, March 21 until the National State of Emergency is lifted. For residential customers, the company will also waive fees for credit and debit card payments. Visit their website for details.
- Extension Office: Postponed all group-related activities until April 30, 2020.
- Talquin Electric: Drive-thru only.
- Wakulla 4H: Suspended in-person programs until April 30, 2020
- Wakulla County Chamber of Commerce: Canceled March and April Luncheons, ribbon cuttings, and business after-hours events.
- Wakulla County Library: Library and library programs have been canceled until further notice. Offering curbside service.
- Wakulla County Parks: Will remain open until further notice.
- Wakulla County Programs (Medart Recreational Park): Canceled until further notice.
- Wakulla County Sheriff’s Office: Firing range will be closed to the public until further notice.